A Bird Or A Mouse? #45

A BIRD OR A MOUSE?
bedtime story
There once lived a bat in a thick forest. He was always seen hanging upside down from the branch of a tree. One day, he was so tired that he fell off the branch.

A mongoose lived in a hole under that tree. When he heard the bat falling down with a thud, he came out of the hole.

Before the bat could fly away, the mongoose pounced on the bat and caught him. But the bat was not frightened. He kept his calm and said, "Please do not kill me, mongoose."

The mongoose said. "Why shouldn't I kill you? Birds are our enemies. I will not spare you."

The bat was very clever. Gathering some courage, he said. "But I am not a bird. Just because I am able to fly, it does not mean that I am a bird! Don't I look like a mouse? In fact, I am a mouse."

The mongoose looked at the bat and said, "Hmm..... Well, you certainly look like a mouse All right, I will let you go."

One night, while the bat was flying about, he fell down on the ground. Another mongoose was sitting on the ground there. He caught the bat. The bat was not worried. He said bravely. "Please do not kill me."

The mongoose said, "Why shouldn't I kill you? The mongoose and the mouse are enemies. So why should I spare you?"

The bat calmly said. "But I am not a mouse. I do not live in the hole of a tree. I live high up on a branch of a tree. I fly like a bird. In fact, I am a bird."

The mongoose thought for a moment and said, "Hmm.....Well, you certainly look like a bird. All right, go away. I will not kill you."

What did you learn from this story? Let's say it in the comment box below. And yes, if you like this story, don't forget to share. So let's meet again with a new story.

Comments