The Hawk and The Pigeons #19

THE HAWK AND THE PIGEONS

bedtime story


It was easy for a hawk to catch and kill the pigeons because they flew in small flocks in the sky. The pigeons realized that if the hawk continued to kill them, they would soon die out. They had to find a way out to keep the hawk away.

So, the pigeons came together and began to think of a plan to save themselves. One pigeon said, "We fly all by ourselves. That is why the hawk is able to catch us easily. From now onwards, we will fly together in a large flock. The hawk will not dare to attack any of us. When it is time to rest, we will not go to sleep together. We will take turns and keep a watch. When the hawk comes to catch us, we will be forewarned."

Now, the hawk was in real trouble. He had to go hungry for many days. He tried every trick but he found it difficult to kill the pigeons. Finally, being tired, he thought of a plan. He went to the pigeons and said, "Friends, do not be afraid of me. I have not come to kill you. I am very happy to see that you are all united."

All the pigeons were greatly surprised. They were happy to see a sudden change in the attitude of the hawk.

Then, looking at them, the hawk said. "Today I am going to talk to you about an important matter. You are united, but you do not have a leader. That is a big drawback. How nice it would be if you had a leader! All the pigeons then would obey the orders of the leader."

"Yes, that's right," the pigeons answered in chorus, "But who will be our leader?"

"You need not worry. I will help you. I will be your leader because I want to spend the rest of my life in your service," said the hawk

The pigeons flocked together and discussed the matter among themselves. At last, one pigeon said, "If you become our leader, we will be very grateful to you. From now on, you are our leader."

The hawk was very happy with this answer. He said. "I am greatly honoured. I thank you all for giving me an opportunity to serve you."

Then, giving his first command, he thundered, "From now on, I am your leader and therefore, you must obey my orders. You must bring one pigeon to me every day as my food."

The pigeons were shocked! They stared at the hawk in astonishment and dismay. They were so angry that they attacked the hawk all at once, and drove him away.


What did you learn from this story? Let's say it in the comment box below. And yes, if you like this story, don't forget to share. So let's meet again with a new story.

Comments